Next Big Future
- Tesla Motors is on track for profitability in 2013. Tesla is using an aging factory and second-hand equipment. With the going price to build a North American auto plant averaging $1 billion, Tesla may have spent less than a third that much to buy, renovate and equip its factory.
Submitted by admin on Sun, 05/27/2012 - 9:32pm
- Larryâ€™s 20-minute talk presents some insights into the Google worldview, both in terms of where the company invests its energy and how it is shaping the future. But his real message extended beyond Googleâ€™s accomplishments and aimed squarely at encouraging people to make bold dreams that take advantage of the amazing opportunities modern technology provides and is capable of.
Submitted by admin on Sun, 05/27/2012 - 7:37pm
- Economist Magazine - Despite a recent slowdown, the worldâ€™s second-biggest economy is more resilient than its critics think.
Submitted by admin on Sun, 05/27/2012 - 1:20pm
- New Scientist - It has been long known that DNA can be altered "epigenetically" â€“ where changes occur without altering the sequence of DNA but leave chemical marks on genes that dictate how active they are by adding chemical methyl groups that silence genes, for example. Numerous environmental factors, such as stress and smoking, have been shown to influence these epigenetic marks.
Submitted by admin on Sun, 05/27/2012 - 1:05pm
- Itâ€™s not magic, but new materials designed by two Northwestern University researchers seem to exhibit magical properties. Some contract when they should expand, and others expand when they should contract.
Submitted by admin on Sun, 05/27/2012 - 12:55pm
- 1 of 407